When your elders speak, you should listen. At least that’s what my parents taught me, here is a list of life lessons by someone who lived a century of a life time.
1. Life isnصt fair, but itصs still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short not to enjoy it.
4. Your job wonصt take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Donصt buy stuff you donصt need.
6. You donصt have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. Itصs more healing than crying alone.
8. Itصs OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for things that matter.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it wonصt screw up the present.
12. Itصs OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Donصt compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldnصt be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eyeة But donصt worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isnصt useful.ت Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesnصt kill you really does make you stronger.
19. Itصs never too late to be happy.ت But itصs all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, donصt take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Donصt save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Overprepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Donصt wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words, شIn five years, will this matter?ص
27. Always choose Life.
28. Forgive but donصt forget.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give Time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Donصt take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didnصt do.
35. Donصt audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative ر dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone elseصs, weصd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you think you need.
42. The best is yet to comeة
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isnصt tied with a bow, but itصs still a gift.